To make a sustainable and meaningful contribution to the development of the host and neighbouring communities of the Amandelbult operations that can thrive independently of mining operations
- Sustainable and empowered structure to deliver on an integrated benefits model in identified benefit areas
- Empower the local communities through appropriate representative structures to undertake initiatives to benefit communities in the long-term
- Alignment with wider development planning and implementation
- Transparency and meaningful engagement
- Sustainability of the mine host communities beyond life of the mine
Dikuno Tsa Sechaba Community Development Trust, or ‘Dikuno’, was established as part of the Alchemy Community Development Programme initiated by Anglo American Platinum (‘Anglo American Platinum’).
The programme was launched in 2011. This pioneering programme promotes thriving communities and sustained local, inclusive community development beyond mining, through mining, leveraging community’s shareholding in Anglo American Platinum.
The Trust is a registered Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) focusing on the host and neighbouring communities of the Anglo American Platinum Amandelbult Operations.